Sycamore Asset Management, LLC (SAM) is very different from other financial services firms. Some of the differences are highlighted below:
- We always work in our clients’ best interests.
- We don’t sell any financial products.
- SAM was founded by and is run by a woman. While we work with many different types of clients (and thoroughly appreciate our male clients), Christy has a unique ability to relate to female clients and female business owners.
- Since we do hourly work, we work with clients of all sizes. If you just need an hour or two of our time to develop a high-level financial plan or if you need help allocating your 401k plan at work – we do that!
- Our business focuses on teaching and coaching clients about the academic principles of investing instead of the more traditional, product centered approach that is used throughout the industry. While this may seem like a nuisance, it is a big difference so please allow for some elaboration.
It is often said that the traditional financial planning model is broken. Interestingly, the old traditional model has become the source of many problems for people seeking investment advice. Although people naturally seek out a planner to assist with their financial affairs, we find that the heart of the planning problem lies in the way that recommendations are implemented.
For starters, many financial planners use the development of a financial plan as a sales or marketing tool to sell a firm’s financial products. And of course, the sale of these financial products produces a commission for the planner. Unfortunately, the investor rarely knows whether the plan’s recommendations are formulated to serve their best interest rather than the best interest of the planner and his/her firm. In addition, the majority of planners work for a brokerage firm or insurance company, and don’t really work directly for the client. In this case the brokerage firm or insurance company actually controls what products the planner can recommend to clients. Most importantly, the traditional planning model does very little to educate investors and help them develop the skills to remain faithful to a disciplined investment process.
Generally, little effort is given to help clients learn how markets work and how to achieve true peace of mind when investing. We are very different in our approach.
Interested in Learning More?
If you lack peace of mind regarding your investments, we offer a no-obligation way to learn more about how Sycamore Asset Management, LLC can assist you.
An initial consultation is generally a thirty-minute phone conversation where we can discuss your situation and your needs and determine if there is a fit for moving forward.